Logitech - Other hardware - Logitech USB Input Device - Error 0x80070002

How to stop this error.  I have used the troubleshooting tool multiple times. I have uninstalled everything Logitech. I so use a Logitech mouse and keyboard both wireless. They work without Logitech drivers.

No change. It continues trying to install some Logitech update for USB Input Device. All the Mouse, Keyboard and USB Input Device drivers are Microsoft.

If anyone know who to fix this please let me know.

Hopefully, someone at MS will notice this and address the issue in the next update.

I am running:  Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, Build: 16299.125

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi JG,

The 0x80070002 error code that you're getting likely occurs if your computer is trying to download and install system updates. Keeping your device driver updated is important. It helps your drivers to be updated and compatible with your system. Since you've mentioned that you already run a troubleshooter, we'd like to know what specific troubleshooter you've used. Additionally, when are you receiving the error code (e.g: during startup, etc.)? If an update is causing issues with your device, you can block the driver from updating automatically by downloading and running this troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi JG,

The 0x80070002 error code that you're getting likely occurs if your computer is trying to download and install system updates. Keeping your device driver updated is important. It helps your drivers to be updated and compatible with your system. Since you've mentioned that you already run a troubleshooter, we'd like to know what specific troubleshooter you've used. Additionally, when are you receiving the error code (e.g: during startup, etc.)? If an update is causing issues with your device, you can block the driver from updating automatically by downloading and running this troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

The troubleshooter is  "Windows Update troubleshooter for Windows 10" which is downloaded from MS in the Virtual agent that appears when clicking on get help.

The code appears in the Update window all the time after clicking "install updates."  Other updates do install.

I did not use  your troubleshooter or any third party one.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JG,

For other troubleshooting steps that you can try, please check this article about fixing Windows update common error codes and check if it will work.

Update us with the result.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm experiencing the same issue. My computer restarted one day and when I came home, the mouse and keyboard (Logitech EX 100 wireless combo) had stopped working. I thought perhaps the USB Bus had died, but the wireless network usb adapter is still functioning. My wife's logitech wireless M325 combo works just fine. My Redragon Mammoth corded mouse does not.

When I look at the device manager, the mice are listed but with a warning icon saying no suitable driver can be found. When I have windows check for it, it finds the driver in the update tool, downloads it, tries to install it, but ends up failing with the Error 0x80070002 code,

I've run the hardware and device troubleshooter, it says it finds a driver and downloads it, and asks me to restart the system. When I restart, there is still the same issue.

I've also run the Windows Update troubleshooter, which detects a WU database corruption, deletes the old files, and then downloads and supposedly reinstalls the drivers, but this does nothing to correct the issue.

I've run scf /scannow and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth, but no discrepancies were found.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lee,

Since you have already performed DISM, please refer to this article which tackles error code 0x80070002. Under the Resolution section, please do Steps 1 - 4. This is just to make sure that we have done all necessary steps in sorting out the error code.

Let us know if further help is needed. We'll be here to guide you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Emmanuel,

Yes - I completed those steps as well, but still the same error persists. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am having the exat same problem as written by Lee Carver. 

Hoping as well as him for a solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm am also experiencing the exact same issue.   This just started happening about a week ago, so I'm assuming some Windows 10 update is causing this issue.   I have run all the suggest health checks on my PC and all come back clean.   I'm running Windows 10 Pro v1709

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please check the OS Build of your Windows 10 PRO v1709 by following the steps below:

1. Key in Win + R buttons.
  2. Type winver.
  3. Look for the OS Build displayed after the version of the Windows 10.

Refer to this link to check if your OS Build is up to date, select on the left hand side the version of the Windows 10, then look on the drop down list for the OS Build. If your current OS Build is not the latest, please update your PC manually by:

1. Key in Win + I buttons.
  2. Select Update & Security.
  3. Click on Check for updates.

This will allow us to make sure that all the updates ready for your PC are properly installed.

Let us know if further assistance is needed. We'll be here to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't know if this is relevant to me or not, but I followed those steps. Confirmed version 1709 (16299.248).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2022 Views 4,035 Applies to: